Remote mentoring scheme
We always welcome new volunteer mentors and mentees to our Remote Mentoring Scheme.
Become a Mentor
We are always looking for experienced individuals with an optical background to volunteer with us as remote mentors. As a remote mentor, you will be sharing your knowledge and skills with eye health professionals in the countries where we work.
You can volunteer from home at a time that suits you and your mentee. And you will be making a real difference to the lives of people with vision loss.
If you have experience of delivering eye health services in low-to-middle income settings or have been on a Vision Action assignment and would like to volunteer to support our work remotely, the Remote Mentoring Scheme could be for you.
BecOME A MENTee
As a mentee you get to select a mentor to work on areas of expertise and skills of your choice.
- Personal fulfilment from helping others
- New mentoring skills
- The chance to be a role model
- A rewarding challenge
- The opportunity to make a difference to the lives of people with vision loss
- The chance to improve optical care in the countries we support
If you deliver Optometry services in Ghana, Ethiopia, Sierra Leone or Zambia you can join our remote mentoring scheme as a mentee and connect with a mentor to explore professional development and receive work-based support.
Benefits of having a mentor:
• Receive support and encouragement
• Boost your confidence to improve your skills and capabilities
• Access support, professional development, guidance and networking opportunities
• Gain a greater understanding of global eye health
• Develop professional relationships.